Followers

Friday 27 January 2012

Fairytale Friday



 Thought I'd share the tutorial that I did for the Teddy Bo & Co blog today as I seem to have completely lost the ability to organise myself this week - that's what not going to work does for you!!!
I've not even managed my daily 4 mins 33 secs of Zumba this week (ok I'm a tad unfit!)

Am sure it must be hubby's fault for being here and causing Meltdown Monday rather than disappearing up to Scotland either Sunday afternoon or at stupid o'clock Monday morning - his car is fixed allegedly will see how long it  lasts this time
Anyway I've done the tutorial this week for a mini book style gift box
So what do you need?
Card to make the box - I've used a sheet of 12 x 12 
Paper to decorate
Ribbon or lace
Teddy Bo Image - I've used TeddyBo_049 (the rubber stamp)
Scoreboard
Cut 2 pieces of card - one 6 1/2 inches square, the other 3 1/2 by 7 1/2
Score 1 inch and 2 inches from each side - these measurements will make you a box that is 2 1/2 inches square by 1 inch tall.
 Cut away the corners as in the picture above to leave tabs and apply tape or glue then fold up into a double walled box.
Score the other piece of card 3 1/4 inches from each of the shorter ends to make the outside.
Then decorate as you wish.
I've used ribbon here to tie the box closed. I stuck it to the front of the box with tape then folded it up before attaching it to the back to make sure it would close without pulling too tight.
I've stuck the box into the cover using tape as I'm not very good with wet glue
Then all you need to do is fill it with treats. I originally made these to hold the favours at my wedding but Bo and Bea hadn't been born then so they had hearts on lol!
I hope you will have a go at making this - you can adjust the size by changing the measurements but make sure you allow enough for both sides before you cut your card - how many times have I done that making boxes???!!!???
Maybe you would like to enter one into our anything goes challenge which we still have running and don't forget to check and see if you're the lucky winner of one of the blog hop prizes.
Have a furry hugging week
Debbie and the Gang xx


5 comments:

allex said...

Thank ever so much for the tut Debbie, I shall be having a go at this cute box - well as soon as I can get back in my craft room !!! lol

Hugs, Sandra xx

dragonllew said...

Cute box great tutorial will have to have a go at one of these.
Jenny x

Unknown said...

Super sweet Debbie, love it, great tutorial too!

Have a great weekend.

Big hugs Jo xxx

Jennie said...

What a fantasic idea!
Thanks for the great tutorial!
Beautiful xxx

Linda said...

What an absolutely adorable little box.. Love it!!
Hugs, Linda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...